Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Words from LA12SCBWI

During the Opening Ceremonies at the 2012 SCBWI Conference in LA this past weekend, each of the faculty were asked to introduce themselves and say one word to the 1,234 of us who were waiting with bated breath.

I was able to jot some of those words down and thought I'd create a wordle for you to enjoy. I thought it was interesting how "SCBWI" and "community" ended up appearing so prominently in the design when I clicked "go".

Coincidence? I think not.


This was my first time at the SCBWI in LA and I have to say: Mind? Blown. I am looking at my notebook which I used for notes and such at each session. It is so full of amazing memories, incredible people, and so. much. learning.

If I could add some of my own words to this cluster, they would be: Powerful. Moving. Tears. Meaning. Honesty. Pay Attention. Lucky. Peers. and Aayyyyyy (see below).

Childhood fantasy #4 realized at last.


I'm sure I'll be distilling what I've learned forever, and hopefully will be able to share some of it with you here on the blog. But right now I am still just so overcome with the experience. It was truly something else.

6 comments:

  1. Yet another bloggy friend I missed at the conference! I wish I had bumped into you there. It was crazy fun, wasn't it? Still recovering from all the excitemetn, though. :)
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG You were there!? I am so sorry we didn't make a plan to hook up. Next time I am going to round up everyone ahead of time and make a plan to meet at the bar. BUMMER!!

      It WAS crazy sun. And omg SO inspirational. I am stsill there in my head. My notes are here and I am going back through all that was said at all the keynotes and breakouts. Just an amazing time.

      Delete
  2. Love your Wordle ... an inspiration that reflects the heart of SCBWI. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a nice pic of you and Henry Winkler together ... thank you Corinne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you Fred! It was the perfect way to end the weekend. He is such a nice man, so soft-spoken and smiley. :D

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you. :)